Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Parasitism

Dude, I love doing finished drawings 'cause I can double-post on dA and blogger. What a lazy bum.
I've been doodling like crazy to try to get a new print before AUSAM (auburn's first "convention" which is more like a regular gathering of the anime society but with alot more anime playing in more rooms at foy) but failing like crazy. >,>;; Nothing's really a coherent "peice" like I used to do anymore.
I only have three classes this semester, all of which seem rather daunting because I've never really touched anything of them before.
a) Anthropometry--the teacher is actually a taiwanese lady, who's really sweet. But her class intimidates me because I know she knows my parents, which really puts me in a hard place to perform well in the class. >,>;;
b) History of Design--this class, by the first day, has already bored me shitless. But I hope it'll get better once we dive into the material.
c) 3-D design, which I haven't taken yet, but am excited to have my good buddy Chris Arnold as a teacher for. :D Poor Chris.
Anyway, This is a product of boredom from my lovely Design history class. It even has a charming little story (which has extremely simple language) to go along with it.
Toodles.
----
So once, there was a tree. And it held in its branches, the universe. It sat in this white room, a room without walls, simple blankness. The tree was massive, with branches the size of elephants, so big that even the tinest twig could crush a couple humans by simply falling. But as time passed, the tree began to shrink in size; the once-strong branches shriveling into just a skeleton of what it used to be. And the tree knew, its time was coming; it could no longer bear the weight of this grand thing that leeched away it's life. So, it sent out its seeds, tiny but determined, into the vast space of the orb, searching for a being that could feed the universe and keep it alive.Lo and behold, the seed landed in the heart of a human. But by the time the seed had led the girl out of the orb, the tree had already crumpled; its spirit long gone into the white nihility. Stricken with grief, the seed burrowed itself deep into the woman's heart where it began to sprout. It ate away at the arteries, the soft organic mass that composed her lovely mortal part until it became large enough to bear the burden of the orb. And slowly, the girl and the tree become one; a brutal but necessary parasitism.

2 comments:

Sarah A said...

sorry, i don't think i could sit through the story. ;u;

but what's boring about the design history class? is it the material or how its presented? because it might just be more worth it to read about design outside of class. for me it doesn't start to get interesting until the eames.

happyapathy said...

ehh.. lol gosh i guess that's what bret's class does i don't blame you. hmm this piece reminds me of that creepy old dude i drew branching out of trees. gosh... creepy christine hehe... well i finally sketch out my characters a bit. just check my blog spot.